Tuesday, March 2, 2010

birdy skirt

I've been working on this dress for myself for the past few days, but I got stuck on the darts and the ribbon across the waist. I finally figured out the darts today, but the ribbon continues to be my crutch.  I can't figure out where to place it so it is flattering and not bunching up the back of the dress.
I was sidetracked when I saw the fabric I had bought the other day to make something for Olivia.  It's just so cute!So, I took it out and made her a skirt tonight.  Seriously, it was so easy, I made it in just 2 hours.  It's a nice little flannel I got for just $3.  I might go back and get more to make for my nieces.  It's super cute and they can wear it for spring because it's nice and light.  I'm adding a little ribbon at the bottom and maybe a pocket...I'm still deciding!

No comments:

Post a Comment