Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Finding Time

With one kid home pretty much full time and another one home for 1/4 of the day, it's so hard to find time to sew.  I haven't been sewing for very long, but I've always loved to make things.  As a kid, I was always making clothes for my Barbies (though they weren't super fashionable...lots of tube dresses!), making jewelry (those huge button earrings I used to make in the late 80's were kind of scary), or attempting to make myself clothes. 
Up until recently I had never worn any of my homemade clothes out of the house, but recently I've been getting better (I usually make things for my daughter and let her take one for the team!).  I made a dress that I wore to a party a few months ago and around Christmas I finished a dress that I wore for Christmas. 
After those two successes, I find myself in a sewing streak.  I've completed sew (ha ha, couldn't help myself) many projects lately...I've been hiding my JoAnn's bills from my husband!
I don't just sew, I love to make just about anything I can replicate.  Barrettes for my daughter, scrapbooks (though I have seriously been lacking here lately), and lots of other crap that finds it's way around the house!
If I see it, I try and figure out how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment