So, I've been working on a rather boring khaki skirt for myself lately...not even photo worthy in the process. I had to fool with the pattern a bit because even though I am usually a off the rack 8 (if I keep running I can avoid my occasional slips up to 10) I can't seem to wear a size 8 pattern. Skirts are way too tight around the waist and dresses are too tight around the bust (really a joke because I'm practically a size 6 up there).
JoAnns was having a sale on their McCalls patterns, who would pass up a $13 pattern for just $.99! So, I came home with 6 patterns today...hmmm now i have a drawer full of patterns. I have probably tried 1/2 of them, some of them are patterns I hope to do in the future, but do I really need them? Yes.
Luckily this pattern sale coincided with a fabric sale so I was able to line up my next two projects...another dress for Olivia and for myself. Do we really need more dresses? No (yes), but I just can't seem to bring myself to try and make pants. I found a great pattern for pants, but I'm really afraid to try it out.
So, I stick to the easy route and make more dresses!
Another note about JoAnn's, they always hire the oldest (and mostly very nice) ladies to man the cutting counter. Which means I can never just get in and out of there. They like to examine what I'm buying and tell me it was a good choice...and then if Luke is there, they like to talk to him (seriously, just cut already!)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment